If you’re like us, you probably couldn’t be happier to say good bye to 2021! This year, we’ve been busy providing you with tips and our best advice based on over forty years’ experience to help you navigate problems during a move, especially during a pandemic.
In case you haven’t seen all of them, we’d like to give you a run-down of our top blogs. We work hard to ensure you have as much information as you want so you can make the most educated decisions when it comes to your move within Canada.
Here’s the best of Crescent Mover’s blog in 2021:
- Complete Moving Checklist – If you’re looking to move in the New Year, this blog is the place to start. It provides you with a handy rundown of each step and includes an easy checklist to get you organized and started.
- What to Look for in a Moving Company – One of the biggest decisions you’ll make (aside from where to live) is what company to trust with your belongings. Too often, people choose the first one they see or the one with the best reviews. But here are a few things to look for in addition to those basics.
- What to Ask a Moving Company — Another important part of your decision should be made based on talking to the moving company to find out key information. Of course, if you’ve never done this before, you might not be sure exactly what to ask them. This blog will give you a list of some of the common questions that you need answers to.
- Combining Households When Moving – If you’re moving in with a new spouse or significant other, then it can be tough to know how to combine your two households. This post will give you tips on how to make sure the combination is easy so you can start your new life together on the right footing.
- Preparing Small Children for a New Home — For small kids, a move to a new home can be an adventure, but it can also be traumatic. Here are great ideas on how to get them ready for the new home.
- Moving with a Roommate — Here’s another specialized set of tips for those of you who might be planning on moving in with a roommate (or moving out on your own). College students may find this blog especially helpful.
- Across Town Moving Checklist — This is a checklist for those who are planning just a short-range move across town (as opposed to a new town or part of the country). Don’t forget anything when using this list!
- Speedy Packing — If you’re a procrastinator and you wait until the last minute to do your packing, then you’ll need some help getting everything ready. Be sure to read this blog for tips on how to pack quickly and keep everything protected.
- Moving During the Holidays — Moving during the holidays can be insane. But it doesn’t have to be. This blog will help you with the special problems of moving during the most wonderful time of the year
“How To” Guides
- Guide for Seniors Downsizing After Retirement — If you’re a senior citizen looking to move into a smaller home, then this guide is for you. It will give you tips on what to do with all the stuff you’ve accumulated over the years and how to move safely and efficiently.
- Guide to What Your Movers Want You to Know — Professional movers are just like any other company in that they have their own guidelines that they work by. It’s their job to know what you need. But this guide will help you understand exactly what they can (and can’t) do and how you can help make their job easier (and keep your bill down in the process).
- How to Prepare and Pack Your Outdoor Furniture — Not all furniture is the same. If you have a lot of patio furniture or accessories, this guide will help you with the particulars of how to get this ready for moving day.
- How to Spot Red Flags When Considering Moving Companies — Not all moving companies are the same either. And the problem here is that there are some companies that will try to scam you out of your money. Here is a list of what to look for to prevent being cheated.
- How to Estimate Your Moving Costs — One of the biggest questions we get is how much it will cost to move. This guide will explain how you can estimate your moving expenses so that you can budget better.
- Guide to Moving to a New Province — In Canada, moving from one province to another brings its own set of headaches. Here are tips on how to make this move easier and make sure that all the governmental agencies are updated about the change.
- Guide to Creating a Floorplan for Your New Move — This is a great tool for setting up your new home. That is a floor plan. Here are tips for creating a floor plan that your movers can use to get you set up efficiently in your new home.
- Moving Terms and Abbreviations You Should Know — Every business has its own lingo and moving is no exception. Here’s a list of the most common moving terms and abbreviations that will help alleviate confusion.
- Moving Services You Might Not Know You Need — Many times, customers don’t even know what services movers actually offer. Here’s a rundown of things your moving company can do for you that you may not even realize.
- What Makes Movers Great — Still not sure what movers to hire? Here’s some advice from a company with 40 years of moving experience.
- Steps to Prepare for a Move in 2022 — Finally, as we bring in the new year, here are important steps to take to get ready for your next big move.
If you’re planning your next move, then we’ve got you covered. Check out these informational blogs to learn everything you need to get moved in safely and easily.
Use Experienced, Professional Movers Who Know Your Area
Crescent Moving & Storage has been in business for over 40 years providing reliable, timely, and safe moving services for businesses and homeowners in the Vancouver area. Rain or shine, we’re there for you! Find out why so many trust Crescent Moving to care for their most valuable assets. Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation moving quote.