Ask any Canadian what makes our country so great, and the top of the list is the abundance of natural diversity we enjoy. From the mountains to the seaside to the big cities and every spot in between, there is literally something to love about every part of the country. And that is true in the province of British Columbia. One of the hottest cities in this area (at least in terms of moving) is Surrey. Let’s take a look at why you’ll love Surrey and how to prepare if you are planning to move to this great city.
Why Should You Move to Surrey
First, let’s look at the many reasons why Surrey is such a great location:
- Probably the most popular reason to choose Surrey is its proximity to Vancouver. Surrey is just a little over 30 km from the provincial capital of Vancouver, but this is a relatively short commute if you plan to work in Vancouver and live in Surrey. This is an especially smart move since Surrey is much more affordable than Vancouver, which is currently the third most expensive city in Canada to live in.
- Another major draw is the area’s natural beauty. The city has become famous for having over 600 parks and 200 walking trails. Unlike other areas of Canada, it rarely snows and has a much more temperate climate making it a great place to enjoy the outdoors in areas such as Crescent Beach and Surrey Bend Regional Park.
- Finally, the great nightlife, restaurants, and retail locations make this a wonderful place for families or singles to enjoy. The area also has great schools from elementary to high school and also has higher education options with Simon Fraser University and Kwantlen Polytechnic University. What Do You Need to Do Before You Move to Surrey?
Moving to any new town brings with it both headaches and excitement. Here’s a quick checklist of what you need to do before you move:
- Find Your New Home — First things first! Find your new home. There are six main communities that make up Surrey: Cloverdale, Fleetwood, Guildford, Newton, South Surrey, and Whalley. Be sure to do your research to find the area that is the best fit for your needs and your budget.
- Pick Your Moving Company — If you’re moving to a new town (or even a new province), there’s a lot you need to focus on. Take a lot of tasks off your plate by hiring professional movers to handle your move. These movers can ensure your belongings are properly packed and loaded. They can also keep your goods safe in transit and can even set up major pieces like furniture once you arrive at your new home. This saves you a lot of time, energy, and backbreaking work so you can enjoy the move as much as possible.
- Switch Utilities and Change Addresses — Before you leave your old home, make sure that you fill out all your change of address paperwork so you can get your mail. But you also need to update your address with the government to continue your health care without interruption. (It’s also a good idea to start researching new healthcare providers in Surrey when you arrive.) Finally, make sure you switch the utilities: have the internet and television set up, and ready to go when you move in. Find Out What Makes Surrey the Hot New Place to Be
Surrey is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after addresses in Canada. If you are interested in moving there, you will need to do a little research to find the right area and home for you before you start packing.
Move Without Worry or Stress. Hire Experienced Movers That Care.
Crescent Moving & Storage has been in business for over 40 years providing reliable, timely, and safe moving services for businesses and homeowners in the Vancouver area. Find out why so many trust Crescent Moving to care for their most valuable assets. Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation moving quote.